Mexican food is one of my favourites, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I loooooooove it. It’s always fresh tasting, delicious and always tastes different. My mother always used to say that Mexican food tastes the same – I’m sorry Mum, but I definitely have to disagree this time.
Farrah’s have brought out a new spice mix, proudly made in New Zealand, and inspired by true Mexican cuisine, Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix is an easy to use must-have in your pantry this winter.
It’s gluten free with a traditional hickory smoke flavour. Packed with real flavour and no artificial colours, the spice mix is mild in taste, perfect for every member of the family.
Match Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix with Farrah’s Flame Baked Burrito Tortillas to create mid winter Mexican Fajitas for the whole family – on the table in less than 20 minutes! A great option for busy week nights and lazy weekends.
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 1 packet of Farrah’s Burrito Tortillas
- 1 packet of Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 capsicum
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- Slice the capsicum, onion and chicken into thin strips.
- Place chicken in a bag and add the oil and Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix. Shake it up to coat it evenly.
- Heat a pan or griddle on a medium heat until hot and then add the chicken.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked add the vegetables and cook for a further two minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in a pan or griddle for 10 seconds.
- Serve the chicken Fajita ingredients alongside your warm tortillas and enjoy!
If yo want to take this to the next level, try serving these with all or one of the below:
- Chipotle sour cream
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Fresh mango or tomato salsa
Farrah’s Spice Mixes RRP: $2.99 and Farrah’s Flame Baked Tortillas RRP: $5.49 are available from all major supermarkets nationwide.
Have you made your own Faijtas before? What is your favourite Mexican dish?