Hello again! Serra here, Easter is coming, so I have some super cute easter nail art for you to try out! These little guys are easier than they look, and are super cute!
As usual my basics are Seche Restore base coat, HK Girl top coat, Orly Liquid Vinyl and Orly White Out.
I recently bought these cute speckled egg polishes by Model’s Own, Magpie and Egg. I used Zoya Pippa for the yellow and Zoya Sookie for the red beaks. For this look I also used sellotape and sewing pinking sheers (jagged scissors). Love the Models Own speckled egg polishes? You can grab them from Harlow & Co.
1. I begun with a white base coat and then painted the yellow on each nail leaving the top third of three nails white. I covered the whole nail on my ring finger with yellow – this will be my accent nail. Top coat and let them dry completely
2. Cut sellotape into small pieces with pinking sheers so you have a zig zag edge. Place a piece on each nail so that a zig zag edge cuts through the yellow. I have placed an arrow in this picture to make it easier to see! Make sure your polishes from step one are completely dry before you do this
3. Paint your egg colour on each nail covering the bottom half of each piece of tape right down to the tip of each nail.
4. While the egg colours are still wet, carefully remove each piece of tape revealing you broke egg edges. Top coat all of this.
5. On the accent nail you can repeat steps 2 and 3. by placing the tape from the middle of the nail to the tip, and painting on the egg colour, when you remove the tape you will have a whole egg with a crack through the middle
6. Using a dotting tool or thin brush or even a toothpick, add in some eyes and a beak and feathers on the heads.
7. Top coat and you are done!
DIY nail art tutorials by Serra from Peacock Pie for The Dizain Collective. Check out more inspiring nail art from Peacock Pie on Serra’s website.