Hey all! I’m back with another Nail Art Tutorial for you. This marble look is really really surprisingly easy to create!
You will need a white, or light coloured base, a good top coat, some acetone free nail polish remover, q-tips and three or four nail polishes.
The best polishes for this are cremes that have a lot of pigment, ones that are opaque in one to two coats are perfect! I have use KBShimmer polishes, Sky Jinks (blue), A Touch of Glass (Mint), Life Rose On (Pink) and Pansy-Monium (Purple). KBShimmer polishes are available from Harlow and Co.
1. As always start with a base coat (I am an avid Nail Tek convert now), then your base colour (I used Star Kin Hidden Rainbows) and then apply two coats of your top coat (Seche Vite for me). It has to be two coats… this will make sense soon!
2. Dab on a couple of blobs of your first coloured polish
3. Dip a q-tip into some nail polish remover (I pour a little in to the lid) and then dab it about on the blobs to spread them out and thin them. You can dab any excess off on to a paper towel. The nail polish remover will eat away at one of the layers of top coat which is why you need to have two coats!
4. Repeat this process with each of your colours.
5. Dont stress! It will look a bit messy and fugly but don’t despair…
6. Add a top coat to the finished colours it looks fantastic!
DIY nail art tutorials by Serra from Peacock Pie for The Dizain Collective. Check out more inspiring nail art from Peacock Pie on Serra’s website.