I’m an avid photographer – especially of my baby nephew Jax! It’s been a goal of mine for quite some time to print out photos that I’ve taken. I recently got a new HP Envy printer and it’s made this goal so easy to complete!
Just to make life even easier – and make sure there is no excuse – I made myself a polaroid template in photoshop, so I can easily pull in the photographs to photoshop and quickly print them off with my new printer!
I want to take you through my process, and then share with you the photoshop template I use, so you can make your own easy polaroid photos too!
DIY Polaroid Pictures
What you’ll need:
- A Printer, I used my new HP Envy 5640
- A4 printer paper, I would recommend 100+ gsm, but it still works great with 80gsm
- DIY Polaroid Pictures Photoshop Template (download for free below)
- Photographs on your computer
- Collate your photos and edit them as you desire
- Go to File > Place Embedded
- Position image over pink box
- In layers, position photo layer over pink box, right click on image and select Create Clipping Mask. This will stop your photo from going outside the pink box
- Repeat untill all you have your desired amount of photos
- Export as PDF and Print!
- Trim the polaroid carefully with scissors or an exacto knife
- Display and enjoy!
So easy – and really effective.
These are a great gift idea, or perfect for decorating parties and events.
Grab a copy of the photoshop file below – and be sure to show me on Facebook or Twitter if you give it a go!Download the FREE
DIY Polaroid Pictures Photoshop Template
Who wants to make some this weekend?
I think these would look great with coloured or patterned frames to, especially hung up on a wall. You could also easily stick your printed out polaroid pictures onto a magnet for the fridge.Remember to share and tag with #lauralauraDIY when you make your own!