Anyone else a big fan of hidden veges? I always grate up courgette or blend up some cooked brocolli and add them to meals for extra vegetable power – and you don’t even notice they’re there! I learnt this trick from my sister in law, she loves to do it with curries and her two boys don’t even realise. Sneaky sneaky.
Adding broccoli to this pizza is definitely not a secret though. Pizzas are often loaded with cheese and sauces, so whenever I make them at home I try and make sure they’ve got some goodness in them.
Chicken and Broccoli Pizza Recipe
What you’ll need
- 1 Tegel Meal Maker Sliced Roast Chicken
- Pizza base of your choice
- 1C Grated cheese
- 1/2 Head broccoli
- 3T tomato sauce
- 2T minced garlic
- 2T oregano
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together the tomato sauce and garlic. Cover your pizza base with the tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle over 1T of oregano
- Cook the broccoli to your liking and when slightly cooled, blend in a mixer to fine bits (almost like broccoli breadcrumbs)
- Sprinkle two-thirds of your cheese on the base of the pizza. Add broccoli evenly across the pizza.
- Add slices of the roast chicken to the pizza. Note: One meal maker pack could easily do three pizzas.
- Top with your favourite sauce, I love sriracha sauce for a little spicy kick. My husband used BBQ sauce
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
I‘ve teamed up with Tegel Meal Maker to create some wholesome and tasty chicken meals that are quick to make all thanks to their Meal Maker range which is full of sliced and shredded chicken ready to eat immediately. Great to add into your homemade pizza for a tasty meal! Take a look at my Creamy Gnocchi and Chicken recipe
These Tegel Meal Makers are made from 100% New Zealand chicken, and come in three flavours – Shredded Roast Chicken, Sliced Roast Chicken and Sliced Smoked Chicken and are a steal at RRP$9.99. Available at supermarkets nationwide. For more winter recipe inspiration using Tegel’s Meal Makers, Tegel has a range of easy-to-prepare recipes on their website tegel.co.nz . From Shredded chicken tacos to pasta there is a recipe for every night of the week.
Have you seen or used Tegel’s Meal Makers before?
What is your favourite pizza topping?
This post was made possible by Tegel. All opinions are and always will be my own.