Creamy pasta with chicken is my go to pick when I’m having dinner out. It’s something that love, is always tasty and is a bit of treat as getting it right at home can take time. Now that winter is here there is nothing worse than getting home after a long cold day and having to stand for ages to cook dinner.
I‘ve teamed up with Tegel Meal Maker to create some wholesome and tasty chicken meals that are quick to make all thanks to their Meal Maker range which is full of sliced and shredded chicken ready to eat immediately. Great to add into your fresh pasta for a tasty meal!
Creamy Gnocchi with Chicken Recipe
What you’ll need
- 1 Tegel Meal Maker Diced Roast Chicken
- 1 brown onion
- 1T rice bran oil
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1tsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 300g of fresh gnocchi
- 250ml cream
- 1 head of broccoli
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the grated courgette, cream and oregano and heat through
- Add the chicken and place on low heat with the lid on
- In a pot cook the gnocchi (or your preferred pasta) as per instructions
- When the gnocchi is cooked, drain and then add to the cream and chicken mix
- Serve immediately with freshly steamed broccoli
These Tegel Meal Makers are made from 100% New Zealand chicken, and come in three flavours – Shredded Roast Chicken, Sliced Roast Chicken and Sliced Smoked Chicken and are a steal at RRP$9.99. Available at supermarkets nationwide. For more winter recipe inspiration using Tegel’s Meal Makers, Tegel has a range of easy-to-prepare recipes on their website tegel.co.nz . From Shredded chicken tacos to pasta there is a recipe for every night of the week.
Have you seen or used Tegel’s Meal Makers before?
What is your favourite chicken and pasta dish?
This post was made possible by Tegel – thanks guys. All opinions are and always will be my own.