There is nothing like a cold drink on a warm day. I was desperately craving something cold (and not fizzy) after being out in the sun the other weekend so I decided to whip up something fast and refreshing.
Enter: Iced Coffee
I always try to have some instant coffee in the house, you never know when you might need a top up! This Iced Coffee recipe definitely tops you up but isn’t super strong leaving you wishing you had a Iced Chocolate instead.
Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
What You’ll Need
2 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
1 tsp of Sweetener / Sugar
1/4 C boiling water
1 C Low Fat Milk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Add the coffee and sugar to a cup or small jug, add the boiling water stirring. Keep stirring until all coffee and sugar granules have dissolved.
- Get your blender vessel and add some ice, I used 2 really big blocks of ice, and would equate this to 2 small handful sizes of normal ice.
The amount of ice is up to you.
- Add the coffee mixture, topping up with your milk.
- Blend until all ice is small / until a nice light brown colour.
- Pour into a glass for drinking and top off with a dusting of cinnamon – or if you are a lover of cinnamon like me, pop in 1 – 2 tsp before you blend.
This recipe is a great starter recipe and can easily be added too. Add cocoa for a Iced Mocha, or Baileys for a naughty twist!
Do you have a favourite iced drink?
If you give this recipe a go, make sure you tag me in your photos as I’d love to see your take on it!