As the name of this recipe suggests, this recipe is for a small chicken breast that is stuffed with (two) cheeses, then wrapped lovely in bacon. Delicious, and easy – it’s what I’m all about!
Bacon-Wrapped, Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
What you’ll need
Two small chicken breasts
2 thin strips of parmesan cheese
2 strips of tasty cheese
4 pieces of streaky bacon
1 tin of tomatoes (savoury is best)
1 cube chicken or beef stock
Herbs, salt and pepper to taste
- Cut pockets into your chicken breasts. You want these to be able to fit however long your cheese strips are. I used scissors to do this but you can achieve this with a knife.
- Add cheese and ‘close’ the opening as best you can with chicken and hands, keep as closed as you can.
- Start wrapping the bacon around the chicken, covering the opening as best as possible. Don’t worry too much if the bacon comes away from the chicken.
- Heat up your tomatoes in a saucepan on medium heat adding stock and any other flavours your desire. Once well mixed and is to your taste, remove from heat and place 1/2C of sauce in an oven proof dish.
- Place the bacon wrapped chicken on top of the sauce, then add the remaining sauce to the dish. (This is just to ensure there is sauce under the chicken so it doesn’t stick when finished cooking.)
- Place in a pre heated to 180 C oven for 25min or cooked through.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, and rice/pasta if you desire – enjoy!
This recipe serves two.
Bacon wrapped anything is pretty great, and this bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed chicken dish – you really can’t go wrong.
Every time I finish eating this meal I get a swarm of ideas of things I could stuff the chicken with but cheese really is a good starting point.
Have you tried a recipe like this before?
What do you like to stuff or wrap your chicken with?